Monday, May 21, 2012

Living in Alabama


     At the end of last year my Dad was offered a job in Montevallo, Alabama for the winter months. My parents decided that we were going to stay, because they felt God was leading them in this direction. We have a pond in the front yard that has catfish in it. We have a lot of trees and squirrels. We are just now starting to make gardens. I just made a bucket garden. A bucket garden is where you take a 5 gallon bucket and drill 7 small holes in the bottom. Then you mix compost with 2 kinds of good soil. Then you plant your vegetables or flowers; I planted jalapenos, bell peppers, and 2 different types of cucumbers.
     Our next door neighbors offered me a job taking care of their horses while their gone on the weekends. They also offered for me to do the yard work. Please pray that I can make some friends out here and that this job works out.        

6 comments:

  1. WOW! I like your bucket garden. Look forward to seeing you soon.
    Love, Aunt Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cian! I loved reading your blog. I can't wait to taste your peppers and cukes. Yummy! I love and miss you a ton!
    Love,
    Aunt Mala

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great, Cian! Hope your garden does very well and that you like your other jobs....that's neat that you're getting the responsibility of it all. You'll do awesome! We'll be praying about the friends, too. Love, Miss Chavvah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cian, Just so you know I love cucumbers. Only 11 more days and we will all be on our way to Alabama together. Love Mema

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome. Keep up the good work. Great blog, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome post Cian. I really like your garden. Great idea :)

    ReplyDelete